Our latest research for the National Consumer Agency points to growing concerns about online coupon and discount sites.
Three in five adults using the Internet in Ireland have signed up to discount sites.
Among its main findings, the market research about online discount sites also found that:
- Of those consumers who have signed up, 61% have bought a product or service from discount sites
- One in three (33%) of those who have bought from these sites said they had reason to be dissatisfied with a purchase, up 5 percentage points since November 2011
The main reasons stated for the dissatisfaction were:
- Poor service delivery or poor product quality (34%)
- The retailer could not provide the service when required, or delivery was delayed (18%)
One in two (52%) of those who were dissatisfied made a complaint. Of these:
- 70% complained to the online discount site company
- 43% complained to the actual provider of the product or service
Three in five (61%) of those who complained had their complaint resolved.